Sunday, April 15, 2018

Contentment

Passage I Read Today as a result of sharing time with a younger couple who are learning to struggle well, primarily with difficult health issues:
Philippians 4:11‭-‬12 NIV:
I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Her initial thought:
If we are Christian, we can expect to automatically be and do as Paul did in the New Testament.

After struggling from some time with life’s circumstances, she came to realize:
Contentment is a learned  process.

My thought:
I have not yet learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, it's a journey; Lord help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment